Alexander Gaevsky — Oscar Case Studies
Oscar out of the box comes with bunch of remarkable features, such as:
- analytics with CSV and HTML reports;
- customer alerts;
- dashboard for viewing/managing products, offers, pages, customer, partners, orders, reviews, vouchers;
- discounting system (discounts for order and shipping, fixed price, absolute value and percentage), vouchers;
- dynamic product pricing and taxes calculation;
- products with arbitrary attributes, child products;
- product reviews;
- weight-based shipping.
Although to meet business requirements, it might often need to implement custom solution on top of Oscar,
which was designed to support almost any kind of customization.
Some of my case studies of the Oscar:
- Stripe API integration (direct and recurring changes).
- Multi-vendor order processing, split order into child orders by supplier.
- Configurable and flexible shipping system available for each partner.
Inventory system with direct stock management, ability to put on hold necessary product items withought actual
changing stock record values.
- Barcode generation for shipping and inventory.
- Multi-currency store and currency exchange.
- Partner profile submission and partner moderation system.
- Step by step reduced pricing when you buy more quantity, for wholesale ecommerce platform.
- Continuous deployment using Ansible.
- Multiple sales channels ("in store", "eshop").
- AJAX forms for managing large sets of data and media files, instant validation without page reloading.
- Quick order submission from the dashboard for creating orders by the store staff by customers requests via phone or email.
Dashboard sales through the dashboard, for in-store Point of Sale.
Allows to submit order by the sales manager, manage multiple dashboard orders at once and easily switch between them.
- Full-text search.
- Custom discounting system for specific user types - loyalty program for given group of users.
- Single page checkout - billing and shipping forms and payment on the same page.
- Partially AJAX-powered frontend - basket, checkout, vouchers.
Get in touch — email@example.com